Saturday, August 9, 2008

Short Sale Marketing

Now I must view the property to see if I want to consider taking the listing. After receiving the property location, I call the current listing agent to setup a preview of the property. I have to set up my viewing with the listing agent. After several phone calls, I reach the listing agent who states the home is on an electric lock box. This is good because most of us have an electric key. In fact, you can only have an electric key if you are an active real estate agent. I drive out to the property. The house has a combination lock box on it. I don’t have the combination, because the agent said the house was on an electric lock box. This is a vacant house. All the doors are locked. I call the agent to get the combination (the agent’s real estate office has absolutely no information on this). I wait a reasonable amount of time and finally leave. The agent calls me back about 90 minutes latter. Seems the agent in California (I’m in Florida) and has no idea of why there is a combo box on the home. She thinks perhaps the bank put the new lock box on the door, and the agent is now wondering where her electric lock box (they aren’t cheep) is.
Still fairly simple, yes?

No comments: